One thing I have noticed about myself every time I get my period is my tendency to be super irritated, sad and negative all the time. These days my journal is filled with rants and only about the things that I find really annoying. Flipping through the pages I realized how my journaling has changed so much over the years. More like what I fill my journal with. As and when university progressed my journaling habit reduced and the only time I’d journal would be if I was ever sad, annoyed or just angry. My earlier journals rarely ever had that kind of content. It was mostly my daily moments, things I was thankful for, certain lists, stories about places and people and additions to the things I wanted to do in life and the places I wanted to see. I have barely had any of that in my last 2 journals. It’s all heartbreak stories, complaints and sad poetry (if it all it can be called that).
So today while wallowing over nothing in particular this along with binging on a show and a reading a book I decided to make a short list of the things that I’m currently thankful for.
- I finally got into the habit of doing yoga after years of failed attempts so yay. I religiously do the traditional yoga every day for an hour now.
- I moved into a new place with 2 of my friends and now I have a room of my own. My safe space ❤
- Got a money plant for my room and named her lulu. She’s pretty, small and lives in the corner of my room.
- A feel-good show like ‘This is us’ which makes me cry but gives a good vibe also.
- Received an old copy of ‘Chocolat’ from a friend. He got from a second-hand bookstore in Norway.
- Speaking of books, I’m reading a good book (so far) right now- The forty rules of love by Elif Shafak.
- My tapestry finally stays on the wall. For an entire semester it kept falling down, sometimes I would wake up to it just covering me like a blanket.
- Finding beautiful songs because of the soundtracks of certain shows and movies.